Delicious Pizza Fluffins.
- Total Time: 1 Hour, 50 Minutes
- Yield: 12 fluffins or 36 minis
- 2 ¾ c. all-purpose flour (OR substitute 1 cup whole wheat flour for 1 cup all-purpose)
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. Oregano
- 1 ¼ c. very warm water (120º to 130ºF)
- 1 tbsp. Mazola® Corn Oil
- ¾ c. finely chopped OR mini pepperoni
- ¼ c. finely chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ c. finely chopped onion
- ½ -inch cubed mozzarella cheese OR shredded if making minis
- Pizza Sauce for dipping (optional)
- Combine 1-1/2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar, salt and oregano in large mixer bowl. Add water and oil; beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Gradually add remaining 1-1/4 cups flour to make a stiff yet sticky dough. Stir in pepperoni, green bell pepper, onion and cheese. Cover bowl and let rest 10 minutes.
- Portion dough into 12 (2-1/2 inch) generously greased muffin cups OR 36 mini muffin cups using a scoop or two spoons (do not use paper liners) . Cover and let rise 35 to 45 minutes. Dough will rise, but not double in size.
- Bake in preheated 375ºF oven for 20 to 25 minutes (17 to 20 minutes for minis) until well browned. Let cool on wire rack for 2 minutes. Run a knife around each roll to remove from pan. Serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping, if desired. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Freezer Instructions: Completely cool fluffins and place in an airtight container to freeze.