Mini Apple Pies
Mini Apple Pies
Delicious Mini Apple Pies
- Total Time: 1 Hour, 25 Minutes
- Yield: 6 pies
- 1-¼ c. all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1⁄3 c. Mazola® Corn Oil
- 3 tbsp. cold water
- 4 to 5 large apples, peeled, cored and chopped (about 6 cups)
- 1⁄3 c. sugar
- 1 tbsp. Argo® Corn Starch
- 2 tsp. Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 2 tbsp. apple juice
- ½ pint jelly jars
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix flour and salt in large mixing bowl. Pour oil and water into measuring cup - do not stir. Add liquids all at once to flour mixture. Stir with a fork until just moistened. Form dough into a ball.
- Roll between 2 sheets of waxed paper, forming a 14 x 12-inch rectangle. Note: Dampen work area by wiping with a wet dish cloth to prevent wax paper from slipping. Place waxed paper covered crust on a baking sheet and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine apples, sugar, corn starch, cinnamon, corn syrup and apple juice in a large bowl. Mix until all apples are coated.
- Spray inside of jar with cooking spray. Portion apples into jars, filling to the top.
- Remove top layer of waxed paper from pie crust. Cut a circle the size of the jar (the jar lid makes a great template). Cut out center of crust with a small decorative cookie cutter. Carefully peel crust from waxed paper and place on filling. Repeat with remaining jars. (Only about half of the crust will be used. Place in a large plastic bag to freeze for later use).
- Sprinkle pies with 1 teaspoon sugar. Place pies on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until crust is lightly browned and apples are tender.
Place lid on unbaked pies and freeze. To bake, remove from freezer and remove lid. Place in cold oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes at 400ºF.