What’s even better is the versatility, especially for a big group when tastes and preferences are as varied as personalities. And this seasoning reflects that. With a bit of spice (but not too much) and a depth of savory, sensual flavors that will tantalize your taste buds, it is gut-wrenchingly satisfying, whether prepared with beef, chicken or turkey. Heck, toss it with some refried black beans for a vegetarian alternative even carnivores would devour.
Mix up the tortillas, offering soft flour, corn and crispy shells (and don’t be surprised when your guests go for one of each). Once the foundation is in place, it’s all about the toppings. From salsa to cheese to fresh avocado to sour cream, or mix it up with some fresh cilantro or even a sweet fruit salsa. The possibilities are truly endless. Serve them buffet-style in bright colorful bowls, and let your guests channel their inner “Taco Picasso” by creating their own savory masterpiece.
- 1 tablespoon Spice Islands Ground Ancho Chile Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Spice Islands Garlic Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Spice Islands Onion Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Spice Islands Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands Arrowroot
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands Fine Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands Fine Grind Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Spice Islands Saigon Cinnamon
- Combine all spices in a small dish until evenly distributed. If not using right away, transfer to an airtight container or empty spice jar.
- To prepare tacos, cook 1 pound ground beef, chicken or turkey in a large pan over medium-high heat. When meat is just about cooked through, add spices and water (about 2 to 4 tablespoons as needed), stirring until meat is evenly coated and fully cooked. Spoon into tortillas and top with assorted toppings.