I’m so excited to be the latest Spice Islands Flavor Explorer. Spice Islands is the best spice company out there, hands down. And I’m so excited to share some of my favorite recipes with you over the next few months. So let’s get started!
Let’s talk spiced nuts: they are the best. My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon a few weeks ago. We spent a long week in Mexico eating and drinking our way through Cabo San Lucas. Before each and every meal, we would get a dish of spiced nuts. They were sprinkled in chili powder, then doused with lime juice and they were 100 percent addictive. I couldn’t get enough. So once we made our way back to our home in Los Angeles, I hopped right into the kitchen and re-created this flavorful dish with Spice Islands Ground Chipotle Chile and Spice Islands® Ground Ancho Chile. These spiced nuts would be perfect for a little snack before any upcoming holiday festivity!
Mexican Chili and Lime Roasted Cashews
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper and set it aside.
- Place the cashews in a large bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together the lime zest, salt, ancho chile, chipotle chile and egg white.
- Pour the wet mixture over the nuts and toss to combine, making sure they are evenly coated.
- Transfer the nuts to the baking sheet and spread them out in an even layer.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and roast for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Remove the nuts from the oven and drizzle the hot nuts with the lime juice.
- Let the nuts cool.
- Once they are completely cooled, transfer the nuts to an airtight container and serve as needed.