Instead of traditional relish on the holiday table, why not try this rosemary and pepper creation laced with Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract? This recipe is a particularly nice complement to poultry.
Rosemary Vanilla Pepper Relish
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped in small pieces
- ½ sweet onion, chopped in small pieces
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon Spice Islands® Cayenne Pepper
- Salt and Pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a medium sauce pan on medium heat for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring the sides of the pan, until the liquid has reduced to thick syrup.
- Remove the relish from the heat and serve immediately on your favorite poultry dish or as a condiment for crackers.